Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Put a Little "PEP" In Your Step!

It's busy BUSY times over here in Texas 
Dinner Belles land!

   Our private chef business is booming, and I haven't had a weekend off from cooking since before the new year. 
I'm not complaining.....
          
             I'm bursting with food joy!  

               
             
It's been party central, so I thought I would post an easy recipe to add some WOW to your next shindig. 


  My Texas Dinner Belles stuffed peppadew peppers with a whipped goat cheese mousse, balsamic glaze, and crushed pistachios, were a huge hit! The peppers are the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. 
 I plated this batch with a balsamic reduction and rolled the top with crushed pistachios, for a nice "crunch". 

They are the perfect little 2 bite wonders....





"Chef Julie's Stuffed Peppadews"

20 peppadew peppers (you can find them in jars or in the antipasti sections at HEB or Central Market)
1 small log of goat cheese. ( I use plain but feel free to experiment with different flavors 
2 packages cream cheese 
Salt to taste ( a pinch will do)
1 tablespoon fresh herbs ( I love chives, thyme, or Italian flat-leaf parsley)-experiment away
2 tablespoons milk or cream (whatever you have) 
Crushed toasted nuts ( pistachios and pecans are my fav)

Directions:
1. Add all ingredients, EXCEPT peppers and nuts, in a food processor and whip until fluffy. 
2. Pipe mixture into your peppers, roll the tops in the nuts. 
3. Drizzle with your best balsamic (the sweeter, the thicker, the better;)
Super fast, super easy, and super wowza...
Enjoy!

Keep it peppy peeps,
Julie